- Magnetite detection services are available with our Low Frequency Electromagnetic Technique (LFET). Magnetite is caused by temperatures above 1005° F in stainless steel boiler tubes. As the boiler is taken off line, the scale exfoliates and then accumulates in the lower tube bends. This can cause blockages that can rupture the tubes as the boiler is returned to service.
- Our non destructive testing services include the detection of magnetite in these tubes. With the LFET technology we are able to size the blockage to within 5% blockage increments. Additionally the test can detect if the blockage is wet magnetite or dry magnetite as well as where the blockage begins and where it ends.
Magnetite Detection Services
- Doing a magnetite inspection of an off line boiler that uses stainless steel can help minimize unscheduled outages by accurately detecting dangerous blockages before the boiler is returned to service.
Why You Should Perform a Magnetite Inspection
- If you would like to learn more about the Magnetite Detection technology:
- Click here to view our article in PowerPlant Chemistry →
- Please feel free to contact us to set up a Magnetite inspection for your next outage: 412.798.8990
Clicking "Quote" will add the item to a temporary cart and prompt you to register/login. To view the items in this cart or send us an email requesting a quote, please complete the registration process or login.
|Magnetite Detection Services|