Mechanical Integrity (MI) & Process Safety Management (PSM)
- TesTex can develop or manage your plant’s Mechanical Integrity or Process Safety Management programs. We are aware of the latest rules and regulations to ensure that your organization remains in compliance and minimizing exposure to potential liabilities. We are also available to perform preliminary reviews of MI/PSM programs to determine where revisions or improvements can be made.
- Integrity Management Systems are an increasingly vital component for company safety. These management systems allow local governments to allow companies to conduct regular inspections of their own equipment by reviewing, implementing and auditing a quality system developed by the owner/user.
- While these systems can bear significant cost, they also come with equal benefits. By successfully implementing a PSM, the owner may be allowed to extend the inspection interval based on their inspection experiences in association with the local governmental authority. The owner may be able to reduce inspection frequencies (assuming that any particular vessel has been successfully operating without any issues) and this in turn will reduce expenses in the long run.
- This will allow the client to limit their liability in the event of an equipment related safety concern. By having structure, accurate records and demonstrated compliance of governmental regulations, your plant will have documented proof of its inspection and regulatory compliance. Continued limitation of liability is achieved by continued adherence to the system.
- Beginning at the design and construction phase, a well founded PSM ensures appropriate work process and quality assurance steps are adhered to.