Diamond/Deck Plate Inspection
- Deck Plate Safety is an important part of plant inspections.
- A power plant in Texas recently had a worker fall through a corroded deck plate.
- LFET scanners can be used to inspect diamond deck plates and identify potential hazards before they can cause a harmful and costly accident.
- TesTex is currently performing scheduled inspections for deck plating at power and chemical plants.
- LFET can inspect both ferrous and non-ferrous material
- Requires no couplant
- 2,000 – 3,000 linear feet can be scanned using LFET in a single twelve-hour shift
- More than 40 inspection crews can be deployed at any given time
- Crews are equipped with multiple scanner/probe sizes and back-up equipment to avoid downtime
- LFET does not require extensive cleaning
- LFET can get more area coverage than other techniques
- All data is collected and stored for future reference
Example of a waveform from a sample deck piece sent to TesTex