PS-2000 Inspection System
- The TesTex PS-2000 Multichannel NDT inspection system quickly and accurately inspects ferrous and non-ferrous metal tubing from the pipe’s OD.
- The PS-2000 is based on the Low Frequency Electromagnetic Technique (LFET) and normally has eight channels for detection of microbiological induced corrosion (MIC) Attack, flow accelerated corrosion (FAC), cracking, erosion, corrosion, and pitting wall losses.
- The waveform pictured is from a power plant boiler. The entire boiler was inspected using our LFET and Ultrasonic Thickness (UT) prove up on any indications. The inspection covered elevations of 114′ to 191′ on four walls. This is a scan of Tube 90 (out of 137) on the front wall
- At 178’6″elevation, UT prove up showed less than .102″ Wall thickness remaining. LFET allowed us to inspect this waterwall and find the indicated flaw where other techniques or UT alone may have missed it.
The PS-2000 LFET Scanner offers the following features
- Light weight scanner attachments
- Large frequency range (5Hz to 30KHz)
- Real-Time Display
- Operates manually or with motorized crawler
- Scanner cable lengths up to 100’ (30m)
- Scans through paints and coatings