Our Balanced Field Electromagnetic Technique probes are excellent for crack detection in tubes, plates, and welds. The probes are designed to fit a multitude of different applications and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The probe drivers are designed for ID / OD inspection of tubes, for use in an array for high resolution scans, or small handheld single probes for difficult to reach places. The probe is designed so minimal surface cleaning is needed, and it can scan through paint and coatings. There are two types of probes, standard and deep penetration. While BFET is primarily used for crack detection, it can also be used to determine changes in metallurgical composition.
BFET probe Features:
- Detects surface and sub-surace cracks in metals/welds
- Tests through paints and coatings
- Faster and less prep time than Mag Particle and Dye Penetrant
- Regular penetration depth 1/8″ (3.175mm)
- Deep penetration depth 3/8″ (9.525mm)
- Can be made to fit into a variety of probes/scanners to fit your crack detection needs