- TesTex has developed an innovative system for the detection of Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) using our proprietary Off Surface Electromagnetic Technique (OSET).
- The Scout system allows you to pinpoint the areas that require attention, instead of needlessly stripping insulation or doing thickness checks.
- One or two-man operation
- Portable all-in-one electronics with 10.1″ (257 mm) sunlight-readable touch screen
- AC or DC power
- A True scanning technique with high throughput
- Light-weight scanner design that fits most piping, vessels, and tanks starting at 2″ (50.8 mm) diameter piping and ranging up to flat surfaces
- Scans through stainless steel and aluminum cladding with insulation thicknesses up to 3″ (76.2mm) and 4″ (102 mm) respectfully.
- Type of insulation (calcium silicate, mineral wool, fiberglass, etc.) has no effect on signal response. The presence of moisture within the insulation also has no effect
- Detects surface corrosion (wall loss, pitting) on piping of any wall thickness and large area I.D. corrosion on schedule 40 piping
- Can locate butt welds
- Encoded data with mapping option
- Multiple wheel sets and quick release pins on the axles allows the versatility of using only one scanner for your inspection needs
- Water Resistant
- Circumferential scanning technique on cladding overlaps to eliminate “reduced sensitivity/dead zones”
- Positioning device displaying circumferential position and reference angle to assure straight scans and angular position of the next scan
Advantages and Features
|Cladding Material||Insulation Thickness|
|Wall Loss Detection||Pit Detection||Weld Detection|
|Stainless Steel||up to 4″||up to 3″||up to 4″|
|Aluminum||up to 3″||up to 2″||up to 3″|
- Mapping Software
- Extra batteries/chargers
- 75ft.(23m) extender cable
- Specialty calibration pipes with specified defects (a standard pit calibration pipe and a welded calibration pipe is included with the system purchase)
- Inspected approximately 10 piping circuits. Detected wall loss on three (3) different pipes: UT prove up confirmed wall thickness of 0.216″ of nominal 0.240″
- Inspected approximately 25 piping circuits. Identified area with wall thinning, and confirmed 0.418″ remaining wall thickness of nominal 0.500″.
- Inspected one piping circuit. Detected wall loss, of 0.417″ wall remaining of nominal 0.432″
- Inspected 4 piping circuits. Detected several area of wall loss on one line. Customer did not want to “prep” line for UT prove up for fear of causing a leak.
Previous CUI Inspection Results
|East Coast Chemical Plant||4″ & 6″||
|Mid-Western Power Plant||4″ – 16″||
|Ohio Valley Power Plant||6″||
|East Coast Chemical Plant||2″ – 6″||
Clicking "Quote" will add the item to a temporary cart and prompt you to register/login. To view the items in this cart or send us an email requesting a quote, please complete the registration process or login.
|OSET Scout System|