Prodigy 8 Scanner
The Prodigy 8C is an innovative OD scanning system that permits testing of in-service tubes and pipes for almost any boiler.
It is a one-man, multichannel, NDT system that detects and quantifies ID, OD and internal material defects in ferrous materials.
The system uses a dry, non-contact method and is based on our Low Frequency Electromagnetic Technique (LFET).
The Prodigy 8C system has its own built-in computer that is conveniently attached to the operator’s body.
This system can be adapted to many different applications such as testing ligaments, bends, space-constricted areas, and small-diameter tubing.
The Prodigy 8C is fast, accurate, cost-effective, and field proven.
Waveform & Mapping
The Prodigy 8C offers the following features:
- 8 channels (8 phase, 8 amplitude)
- Frequency selection from 5 to 80 Hz
- MS Windows Based with a USB interface
- 1 GHz Processor, 1 GB RAM, and 16 GB compact flash
- 5.6 LCD display with VGA controller
- Environmentally-sealed connections
- AC or DC operated
- Standard six-foot (1.83m) or optional 25-foot (7.62m) scanner cable
- Total weight under 12 lbs (5.45kg)
- 5-hour of battery life